Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Lanvin Tribute - A Review

OK, so I know you guys would much rather be reading juicy gossip articles about soandso95's latest naked picture scandal, or whatshername2000's brand new hacking allegations, but the sad truth is that there just ain't anything newsworthy round these parts. So, here's a review.
(Cue 75% of readers rolling their eyes and swapping to Facebook. Or tumblr, for the hipsters.)

Previous 'tribute' collections - note the use of 'tribute' as a clever way of avoiding lawsuits from angry fashion houses - have been less than impressive. In fact, they've been downright ugly, to the point where the brands involved should sue them for defamation. Just saying, if I was Donatella Versace, I would be PISSED. Although let's face it, you wouldn't be able to tell, the woman looks like a muppet.
But, just as a broken clock tells the right time twice a day, Stardoll actually pulled through with this tribute. Their graphic designer must have recieved one hell of a raise, because the skirts in particular actually look like they're flowing. I'm imagining a computer geek wandering around Stardoll HQ in a floor length Lanvin gown now, admiring themselves in their computer screens.


So after that fun little foray into my mind, let's continue with the rest of the review. Sure, I'm not head-over-heels in love with the collection, but you can't please everybody all of the time. The good part is, that it's not Stardoll's fault. Sometimes Lanvin just design ugly clothes - i.e. the Sheer Pailette Sweater. I mean really, what the hell is that? Call me too conventional, but if I'm wearing a sweater, it means I'm cold. What I don't need is the clothing equivalent of a colander.
The accessories do seem a little like they were throw
n on hurriedly at the end, and filled in with Microsoft Paint, but they do the job. My favourite part of this tribute are the colours - Hooray for not looking like they were painted using a toddler's crayola box! They are actually things I would put on my Medoll without also the need for a virtual paperbag.
I'll keep this review short and sweet, and finish off with my favourite and least favourite pieces.

BEST

Artemis Scarlet Skirt - 26 sd.
It's red and floaty. I'm on
it like a tramp on chips.

WORST
Sheer Pailette Sweater - 22sd
See above rant. But while I'm here, the shorts are pretty ugly too.

What do YOU think then?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ptp